Where are my listings???

Barbara Ansley-Vensas

14 Feb, 2018 03:53 AM

In January, before our biggest show of the year I relisted a bunch of expired listings as my new stock had arrived. Today, now that the show is over, I discover your links never showed all those items!!!!!!!!

What is going on?

I should have 12 large round cutting boards not 2 (as 1 example.)

Barbara

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Scott Gress on 14 Feb, 2018 04:20 AM

Hi Barbara,

Never fear -- your listings were there! They did seem to get sorted into the wrong categories though, which we're currently looking into. Sorry for the confusion. I've re-synched the site and it seems to reflect what's on Etsy now, although it shows 8 large round cutting boards and not 12. Can you confirm that this is correct?

-Scott

2. 2 Posted by Barbara Ansley-... on 14 Feb, 2018 04:34 AM

Hi Scott, you are correct it is 8 for the large ones. The teapots where 12 and now they are correct at 13. Thank you for fixing this, but can you tell me why this happened? I keep losing sales and I don't have time to keep contacting you every time I change the listing status of my items.

Barbara

3. 3 Posted by Barbara Ansley-... on 14 Feb, 2018 04:36 AM

Wait, you said they were in the wrong category??? So where were they and where were the missing teapots, mugs and small cutting boards? They are there now.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Scott Gress on 14 Feb, 2018 04:45 AM

Hi Barbara,

You definitely shouldn't have to contact us when listings change -- Etsy is supposed to send out notifications that are picked up by your site automatically. You can test this out by changing the description on one of your listings, giving it a few minutes and checking that it updated on your CraftLaunch site. It's definitely possible for those notifications to go undelivered, and it's something we've worked with Etsy on in the past, but as a backup we also automatically re-sync your shop daily.

As far as the categories go, I may have misspoken -- I was basing that on the fact that the number of items in "All items" matched the number of items in your Etsy shop when I checked, and that the total number of cutting boards across all the cutting board categories looked right, but it may have been a coincidence.

-Scott

5. 5 Posted by Barbara Ansley-... on 14 Feb, 2018 05:14 AM

So last fall I contacted you regarding a similar but opposite issue and now this. If you have been syncing daily, it is not working and will require I check after every change and then contact you when it fails which it appears to do so frequently. Can you explain how, if you have been syncing daily, that my changes on January 15th did not show up until I contacted you?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Scott Gress on 14 Feb, 2018 05:43 AM

Hi Barbara,

I totally understand your frustration and I apologized for the inconvenience. I don't see any activity specifically on January 15th, but lots of activity on the 17th and 19th. As for the daily syncing, all I can say is that the total number of items in your CraftLaunch shop matched what was listed as the total in your Etsy shop when I looked tonight, so it seems like it's been pulling the items in correctly, but clearly they haven't been displaying correctly as per your previous messages. I'll personally check in on your shop daily for the next week in order to verify that it's being synced up properly. In the meantime, I've issued you a credit so you won't be charged for this month.

-Scott

7. 7 Posted by Barbara Ansley-... on 14 Feb, 2018 09:50 PM

Thank you Scott, I appreciate that. I can tell you are frustrated as well. If I had more hands and eyes and time I could monitor all of it as well, but it is just me making, selling, shipping and showing so I can't keep up more than one site. Barbara

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac