getting etsy listings to website sections

Martin Kirschen

28 Jul, 2017 06:31 AM

My Etsy listings especially my updates I have not talk to my website sections.
And when I move a listing to a new section on Etsy it is not reflected on my website.

This has been the difficulty in the more recent past.

Thank you,
Marty Kirschen

I have browsed the support section to no avail.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Scott Gress on 28 Jul, 2017 05:05 PM

Hi Martin,

CraftLaunch will import new sections from Etsy, but changes to section names won't be reflected automatically on your site because CraftLaunch allows you to customize those names. I would head over to the "sections" link in your CraftLaunch control panel to see which sections you have activated, and if some may need to be renamed.

If there is an item that isn't showing up in your site at all, let us know which one and we'll look into it.

-Scott

2. 2 Posted by Martin Kirschen on 01 Aug, 2017 09:19 AM

Scott ....

I hope we can figure this out..
    I followed your instructions (I hope correctly) ... here are the discrepancies for
    nibelungenterprises.com

They are in 4 sections
    Ring Family Tree site only shows 6 should be 10
    Ring Story map, site shows 0, should be 3
    Ring prints and posters site shows 1, should be 2
    Ring accessories site shows 4, should be 3

I hope the attachments are helpful.

regards,
    Marty

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Scott Gress on 01 Aug, 2017 05:18 PM

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info. We're looking into it!

-Scott

4. 4 Posted by Martin Kirschen on 01 Aug, 2017 07:15 PM

I appreciate that Scott.
    Marty

5. 5 Posted by Martin Kirschen on 02 Aug, 2017 08:38 PM

Hi again Scott.
    Can you give me an update?
    Marty

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Scott Gress on 02 Aug, 2017 08:48 PM

Hi Martin,

Everything looks up-to-date on our end now. Are you still seeing things out of place?

-Scott

7. 7 Posted by Martin Kirschen on 03 Aug, 2017 12:45 AM

Hi Scott,

It looks better, however errors still exist.

I will redo my section information, and then update.

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marty

8. 8 Posted by Martin Kirschen on 03 Aug, 2017 03:35 PM

Scott ....

Very frustrating.
    Many many problems in most sections.

Marty Kirschen
    https://www.etsy.com/people/martinkirschen1
    www.nibelungenterprises.com

Can any difficulties be due to prior usernames that were culled out?

Marty

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Scott Gress on 03 Aug, 2017 04:30 PM

Hi Marty,

Everything looked correct yesterday. Have you moved anything around since? One thing I can say is that Etsy doesn't notify us when an item is simply moved from one section to another, without any other change. We do have an automated process that sweeps our shops daily, so those kind of problems shouldn't last more than 24 hours on your CraftLaunch site, but if you're currently doing a lot of shuffling of sections then I would recommend that you get everything how you like it on Etsy and then let us know, and we'll trigger your site to re-sync with Etsy.

Also as I mentioned before, your CraftLaunch site doesn't automatically rename or de-activate sections that you've removed from Etsy. So for example your former "Playing with Words" section is still visible (with no items in it); to turn it off, you can just go to the "sections" page on your control panel.

I've gone ahead and re-synced everything for this round. As I said, if you do more section shuffling, let us know when you're done and we'll have it synched up (or else it should happen automatically within a day).

-Scott

10. 10 Posted by Martin Kirschen on 03 Aug, 2017 08:06 PM

Scott,
    I appreciate what you are doing.

We are getting there.
    There are 2 errors in how my listings get to the site.

First there is an item ...."My car is a lemon" in the Ring Family Trees section which should be in the Funny Works section.

Ring Prints and Posters has 3 items not labelled as a print or poster which should be moved to the Ring Family Tree
    section ... they are - "Green Ring Tree page size" " "Black and White - Ring of the Nibelung Family Tree" and "French Tree b/w."

I am not making any of these fix's until I get the ok from you. Of course I will do some editing, but for now, will not update
    on the site until I get your go ahead ... but I assume those will be probably be ok for me to make and update..

As for any new items items, I will try to hold off ... and make them just once or twice - with your supervising it.

I am flying to Germany for an opera festival on August 19. So I want to make sure updates and fixings are done
    by Monday August 14 which is a week and a half from now. I plan to do one update in the interim and the final
    one on the 14th.

Does all this sound ok?

Thanks again Scott.

Marty
    nibelungenterprises.com

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Scott Gress on 03 Aug, 2017 08:13 PM

Hi Marty,

Sorry if I'm not being clear -- I know the sections thing can be confusing.

The only thing that CraftLaunch won't reflect automatically is when you move an item from one section to another, or when you rename sections. You should be able to add, remove and edit items as well as their pictures and descriptions without any problems (if a lot of updates are happening in the system at once there might be a delay of a couple of minutes, but it's usually instantaneous). When you move an item from one section to another, we don't get a notification from Etsy, so it might take several hours for the update to show up. Therefore, if you want to move a few items between sections and need that to show up on your CraftLaunch site quickly, that's when you should reach out.

So, go ahead and change the items to their correct sections on Etsy, and then post back here and we'll make sure the update is reflected on CraftLaunch. Any other edits, you should be able to make without needing to reach out to us.

-Scott

12. 12 Posted by Martin Kirschen on 03 Aug, 2017 10:13 PM

Thanks Scott,
    Your answer clarifies and simplifies.

Ok ... I have just changed the sections for the items I wrote to you on and I am about to do the update on the site.
    If you can effect the change soon, that will help me in some communications I wish to send out.

First section change .....First there is an item ...."My car is a lemon" in the Ring Family Trees section which should be in the Funny Works section.

Second section change ..... Ring Prints and Posters has 3 items not labelled as a print or poster which should be moved to the Ring Family Tree
    section ... they are - "Green Ring Tree page size" " "Black and White - Ring of the Nibelung Family Tree" and "French Tree b/w."

Thanks,
    Marty

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac